Who doesn't love Pizza? This heart-healthy pizza recipe allows us to indulge in pizza without the artery-clogging saturated fats in regular pizza. And it's also loaded with a ton of veggies for a great way to pack vitamins and nutrients in a tasty way.
Ingredients (5 servings):
1 Refrigerated Pizza crust (whole-wheat preferred)
1 8 oz. can Tomato sauce (no sodium)
1 Tomato, diced
2 tsp. Basil
2 tsp. Oregano
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
8 oz sliced mushrooms (2 small cans or fresh)
1 Green bell pepper, diced
1 can Artichoke hearts, drained (could use fresh/frozen)
8 oz. sliced Black mushrooms (2 small cans)
1 3/4 cups Mozzarella cheese (I use fat-free-2% also ok for better melting and flavor, but I would use less to limit calories and saturated fat)
1 3/4 cups Cheddar cheese (same comment as Mozzarella)
3/4 cup Feta Cheese (I use reduced fat)
Parmesan Cheese, optional (sprinkle on top)
1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place/unroll pizza crust onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
3. Spread tomato sauce on warmed, slightly-cooked pizza crust.
4. Combine diced tomato, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and olive oil in a small bowl. Spread this mixture on top of pizza.
4. Evenly spread the veggies--artichoke, mushrooms, olives, and green pepper--on top of pizza.
5. Sprinkle Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Feta cheese on top of the pizza. Optional: sprinkle Parmesan on top.
6. Place pizza in oven and bake for additional 6-9 minutes, or until edge of pizza are slightly browned.
Serve Immediately and Enjoy!!